In this role, you will lead the Build and Release function WLAN Software Engineering. You’ll provide technical and team guidance and implementation for multi-OS, multi-platform software deliveries. Your responsibilities include Linux grid computing, embedded firmware builds, Windows driver development and MacOS software deliveries. You will have up to 5 staff from our build and release team reporting to you.
• Individual development of scripts, tools and enhancements and fixes for existing and new Python, Web and Jenkins Software Engineering infrastructure.
• Administration of data center assets such as build servers, VMs and storage related to the builds and releases.
• Administration, operation, enhancement, expansion and improvement of software engineering infrastructure including builds (Python and Jenkins), repositories (Git and SVN), plug-ins, hooks, servers, storage, databases, build infrastructure and everything else that keeps the engineering wheels on the bus.
• Direct people management of a small team of build, release and tools engineers
• Support the software engineering team and help get products built and shipped.
Must Have Skillsets
• 10+ years of software configuration management, scripting/tools/automation, software build and release experience plus a BS (MS CS preferred) or equivalent engineering degree
• 2+ years of experience with leading a team
• Must have strong perl or python scripting skills. Proven track record development large release and tools infrastructure in perl or python.
• 3+ years of experience with C/C++ Makefiles and compilers in a Linux development environment
• 4+ years’ experience of Administration of software version control, Git and/or SVN experience preferred
• 3+ years of Linux system administration experience
o NFS and automounter
o LDAP and NIS
o DNS administration
o Provisioning of storage and redundant filesystems
o Deployment of new linux distributions onto physical and virtual hardware
• 1+ years of experience with Deployment and configuration of virtual machines
• 1+ years of experience with Database administration and use
• Must have worked in and supported, large, high-performance geographically distributed software engineering teams
Type: Direct Hire
Location: San Jose, Ca
408-550-2800 x 105