Apply for this Position.Apply Now
Will join Reality Labs division is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality with breakthrough work in conversational AI, computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, machine learning & reasoning and mixed reality that will enable groundbreaking experiences for consumers and businesses.
In this role with the Speech and language team, you’ll lead planning of execution and integration of the team’s deliverables with FRL solutions.
You will need a blend of deep technical understanding of data and ML and management to collaborate cross-functionally across software, hardware, and business units to ensure success.
This leadership role is focused on supporting the Assistant’s ML Data Foundations. ML Data Foundations delivers datasets, models, and knowledge that power the ML systems across all components in the assistant product, such as ASR/TTS, NLU, NLG, Dialog, Reasoning, and the Knowledge Graph. The TPM in ML Data Foundations will work with a cross-functional team across those components, translate those needs into workstreams, and drive execution to goals across the organization.
Data Technical Program Manager Responsibilities
• Work with cross functional team to develop and drive execution of 18 month-2 year data strategy.
• Lead cross-functionally to define schedule, requirements, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
• Work with external vendors, assist with vendor budget management, and work with software engineering to deliver SW solutions/features in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain the team’s focus on strategy and goal-oriented results when tackling complex problems.
• Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to AR/VR solutions and executives.
• Ensure project roadmaps, plans, and status documents are complete across the data foundations layer, current and available for review by all parts of the organization.
• Work cross functionally with Central Privacy, Product, Communications, Marketing, Speech, Language, Quality, Experiences on pre and post launch components.
• 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
• 3+ years experience managing vendor relationships/partnerships.
• Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception through delivery to post launch.
• Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
• Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
• Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
• Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
• Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
• Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of TPM prior experience in language speech data with past full time experience preferred.
• Prefer candidates with E2E data experience such as collection tooling privacy working with data vendors and great tracking program management dashboard metrics tooling experience.
• Experience with data pipeline such as collection, grading , annotation , tooling is preferred
• Experience developing multiple products, multiple customers, and multiple vendors concurrently.
• Experience in coordinating and delivering multiple features into larger software products and services.
• Experience with data tools, pipelines, and analytics.
• Understanding of the relationship between data and machine learning models.
• 3+ years of experience in delivering software solutions for any one of the following Assistant, ML, AI.
• 1+ years experience as a people manager who has built and maintained a strong team across highly technical disciplines.
• Entrepreneurial background or start-up experience.
• Fluency in additional languages.
Location: Remote until offices open, then will work in the Redmond, WA or Burlingame, CA offices.
Submit resume to osijobs@OSIengineering.com