Apply for this Position.Apply Now
We are looking to onboard a Director of Hardware Operations who is will be responsible for:
• Delivering beautiful Coffee/Tea brewing products that can be sold to our hundreds of thousands of global fans.
• Partnering with our product and engineering orgs, the Director of Hardware Operations will
• Own program management and manufacturing in order to ensure high quality products are available in a timely fashion.
• Managing a team spanning the US and China
• Responsible for manufacturing (NPI and sustaining), cost improvement, and quality.
In year 1 you will be:
• Partnering with your TPM lead and GM of Asia to build a team of 15 – 20 spanning the US and China
• Delivering 2 – 3 product launches and setting up processes / systems to reduce cost while increasing supply and maintaining or improving quality.
• Historically much of this work was done through contracting and only recently have we moved to bringing some of these capabilities in house.
• Once feasible given the pandemic, role includes travel to China at least quarterly.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years working on diverse aspects of hardware operations, from planning to sourcing to manufacturing to quality or program management.
• 5+ years managing a team, international team management preferred
• Experience with both NPI and sustaining efforts.
• International travel required quarterly
Responsibilities (together with your team):
• This is a new role within the organization, and the individual will have the opportunity (and task) of quickly building out this function.
• Oversee overarching PM function, spanning both NPI and sustaining work.
• Deliver products, on time at the agreed upon price and good quality through timeline management and resourcing.
• Managing manufacturing for the entire product line, with CMs based in China and Taiwan (and eventually more markets).
• Cultivate a list of existing and potential CMs, to ensure we are working with an optimal list of partners to deliver on both quality and price.
• Keep Products simple to manufacture and assemble.
• Develop tools to bring the product concepts to life.
• Oversee testing and certification to allow us to sell electric products into 40+ countries.
• Identify and Optimize new processes and supply chain strategies to ensure timely PO fulfillment, decreased lead times, and increase capacity.
• Build and maintain deep relationships with suppliers to support the company’s growth.
• Through negotiations, component management, and second sourcing, deliver improved cost on existing products and strong BOMs on new products.
• Ensure impressive product quality at all times
• deliver products that do what they say they will and thereby enhancing our reputation.
• Manage FMEA, documentation, IQC and PSI as necessary.
• This hire will be evaluated on: Cost, Quality, Lead Times, as well as PO timeliness and accuracy ( I do not know where to add this. So I left it)
• Engineering familiarity preferred
• Experience building out a team preferred
• Chinese operating experience
• Small, fun, fast growing, and dynamic environment
• Competitive PTO plan
• Generous restricted stock option plan
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Unlimited specialty coffee
• Close proximity to Mission district and BART stops in San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Valencia St, CA. (currently remote until restrictions lifted )
Travel will be required: Passport necessary.
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com