The best thing to happen to Coffee is looking for a Director of Product Management
Do you want the responsibility of overseeing a team of Product Managers who take a product from concept to production, that is manufactured and used by tens of thousands of people every day? We are looking for a devoted Director of Product Management like you.
We are needing to add a Director to oversee two Product Teams.
• Product Development: initiate and own new product development and R&D
• Design: Work closely with our design partners to develop new award-winning industrial design for Coffee/Tea brewing devices
• Research: analyze competitive landscape, understand regulatory requirements, investigate technical root cause, and provide recommendations.
• Manufacturing and Quality Control: support production at contract manufacturers, incorporate process improvement, document quality control SOP, own sustaining engineering for current products.
• 3-5+ years of hardware experience in consumer electronics, power tools, home appliances (or similar relevant industry).
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent degree.
• Experience Successfully launching products in the past
• Design of mechanical systems
• Industrial design, or managing top industrial design partners
• Manufacturing methods including injection molding, metal stamping, sheet metal, casting, etc.
• Proven ability to lead a team and meet deadlines
• Experience working with contract manufacturers in Asia
• Chinese language skills are a plus
• Reliability testing experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements is a plus (US and International: UL, CE, etc.)
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
• Strong critical thinking
• Inquisitive and self-starter
• Attention to detail
• Can-do attitude
• Prioritization skills to work on â€œImportant but not urgentâ€
• Excellent Verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with those with English as a second language
• Flexible team player
• Lead product development all the way through from initial conception to mass production
• Small, fun, fast growing, and dynamic environment
• Competitive PTO plan
• Generous restricted stock option plan
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Unlimited specialty coffee
• Close proximity to Mission district and BART stops in San Francisco.
Location: San Francisco, Valencia St, CA (currently this role will be remote the individual will eventually be expected to be onsite 4/5 workdays)
Type: Full time
Start Date: ASAP
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com