• Perform advanced FEA simulations to direct design activities to ensure designs manufactured result in zero failures to reduce production costs.
• Develop Strength and Durability FEA models for use in design analysis and optimization.
• Determine if test and analytical data is suitable for use as load input for CAE-based Strength and Durability analysis.
• Validate new simulation procedures by using physical tests with appropriate instrumentation (strain gauges, accelerometers, material testing). Ensure virtual tools, methodologies and correlation are in place, continuously improving virtual predictive quality of the Strength and Durability analyses.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results on difficult projects in a fast paced, time critical and sensitive environment.
• 3 years’ experience with FEA, MATLAB, Python experience
• Demonstrated successful experience in Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics and Numerical Methods using CAE software such as Hypermesh, Simlab, Abaqus, Ansys, nCode, fe-Safe, Tosca and FEMFAT.
• Good overall knowledge of internal combustion engine/powertrain or electrified powertrain
• Skills in data manipulation with scripting (e.g. Python)
• Produce high quality reports and modeling process documents.
• Strong knowledge of strength of materials, solid mechanics, metal fatigue, vibration theory and structural engineering principles
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) with relevant automotive focus in studies and activities preferred
• CFRP knowledge is a plus
Location: Work from Home
Duration: 1 year or full time
Submit resumes to jobs@OSIengineering.com