• Provide deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using Weblogic 12c Application Server & Coherence (in-memory data grid) & Tomcat.
• Provide Java/J2EE deployment and production support with solid troubleshooting skills
• Evaluate and suggest performance-tuning options for better scale.
• Actively participate and provide solutions for scaling the infrastructure and capacity planning.
• Supporting Netops team with installations and setup of Weblogic clusters.
• Provide architecture and best practice knowledge to development teams to best use services of Weblogic server.
• Work as a liaison for escalating issues to Oracle support.
• Evangelize new Weblogic application server features and promote it to appropriate internal teams.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and service requests
• Provide off-hours support as needed.
• 5+ years hands-on experience with Solaris, Linux and knowledge of Cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
• 3+ years of experience with Java J2EE application servers administration and tuning (Weblogic, , JBoss).
• Industry experience designing, installing and configuring a weblogic cluster from start.
• 3+ years of experience with Databases, Shell, HTTP/S, Kafka, and Apache/Nginx on Linux, ELK Stack.
• MS or BS in Engineering or computer Science.
• Understanding of combined design, support, and administration work in Weblogic/Tomcat
• Knowledgeable with JDBC, JMS, JMX, Web Services, Security standards, SSL/TLS
• Experience using APM tools like NewRelic to monitor Weblogic clusters.
• Knowledgeable with HTTP, TCP/IP, SSH, Load balancing
• Experience on CI/CD tools Ansible , Docker, Nexus , Gitlab, perforce
• Hands-On experience tuning JVMs for application servers.
• J2EE application development experience is a plus
• Ability to provide technical written communications to upper management.
• Bash/Python/Ansible scripts for automation and monitoring ideally with Nagios/Prometheus
• Proficiency with RedHat/CentOS Linux environments
• Experience with Cloud AWS and/or Azure deployment experience.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, OOM analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes + Helm (K3s is a plus)
• Experience with Prometheus + Grafana
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com