Provide technical leadership to software engineering teams focusing on graphics performance.
Lead technology selection, architecture, and planning activities for performance, power, and reliability of product design for all layers.
Work with customers and suppliers to develop and integrate innovative solutions for product graphics stack.
Investigate next-generation technologies for applicability to solve current and future technical challenges.
Follow industry trends and developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing architectures
• Advanced C++ Programming skills (10 yrs minimum)
• Experience in establishing performance processes: from early system requirements to product KPIs, design, coding, testing, validation
• Experience in hardware analysis and its impact on KPIs
• Experience in performance-oriented system architecture design
• Experience in practical performance:
o performance test setup according to KPIs
o data statistical evaluation and testing stabilization
o problems diagnosing, bottleneck localization and analysis
o producing patches which solves findings
• Extensive experience with system analysis for embedded systems for latency, system interconnect, throughput and bandwidth problems
• GPU profiling and analysis with focusing on OpenGL/Vulkan problems.
• Extensive software development experience with C/C++, Linux software development environment; experience with Linux Inter-process Communication(IPC) & Multi-threading programming
• Ability to establish test cycle: explain for testers essential parts of testing for performance/latency, timings and data collection principles
• Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
• Development experience for Linux/Android Vulkan graphics drivers
• Development experience for Linux kernel, and device drivers
• Memory profiling and analysis using valgrind, smem; of memory layout (heap, stack, bss/data, text) and in general how VMM works in Linux
• Resources and power management for embedded system
• ELF format organization, ARM EABI, stack organization and how to use it in practice
• Performance tools development
• PhD preferred
408-550-2800 x 106