In this role you will be focused on tool development and data management to improve team processes. The position requires a critical thinker with strong debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies. You will need to have a background in programming Python and knowledge of data management and visualization. The focus would be on improving and documentation of productivity tools across the team – leveraging the work of existing tools and processes teams have done, and to identify processes that can be streamlined.
Description of Role:
You are a SW or Tools Engineer and create a frameworks from scratch to automate manual testing written in Python.
Transmitting those manual steps to an automated framework. Creating an automating tool/system.
Focus for this role is to create, maintain and improve upon existing data parsing scripts from power meter data. Role will include the test automation with existing framework and expand support for AC power meters. Candidate will be involved in Python programming and will be working cross-functionally to bring up lab to support existing test automation frameworks. Role will also include use of equipment to conduct energy efficiency testing on development products.
• 5+ years of experience in a Software Quality or Software Test Engineer role
• Python development for end to end application (not just scripting)
• Data parsing (using Python, SQL) (any of: plist, json, xml, csv, txt)
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Familiar with Excel, PC and comfortable learning new software tools
• Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems both independently and by working with colleagues.
• HW testing and/or test automation experience
• Experience developing/maintaining services. Python as a service OR daemon/launch agent
• Experience with iOS and macOS
• Data visualization (i.e Tableau)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Cupertino, CA (working onsite in the Lab, Monday – Friday)
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com