Apply for this Position.Apply Now
Summary: Bay Area Environmental Sensor company seeking a R&D Characterization Engineer to drive product characterization to help bring concepts to product.
• Internalize and characterize environmental sensor technology.
• Be flexible and creative to help the team come up with novel ideas and solutions
• Develop and set-up instrumentation needed for a variety of RnD experiments.
• Run and modify scripts to run sensor tests in python
• Collect data and process in different forms needed to characterize materials and devices.
• Assist the team on the modeling of the devices
• Help transition processes from R&D to manufacturing
• Strong competency in electrochemical devices and systems
• Strong competency with development and set-up of instrumentation for testing electrical, optical and ideally electrochemical systems
• Strong competency in statistics, extracting, organizing, and manipulating data.
• Strong working knowledge of programming in Python and Excel. Matlab and Jmp are bonuses.
• Strong collaborative and team work attributes with active communication and good documentation skills.
• Hands-on, analytic personality.
• Degree in a Quantitative field (Chemistry / Physics / Engineering) or relevant experience.
• 5 or more years of experience working from a product or systems engineering perspective
• Strong statistical analysis and experimental design capability.
• Candidates should have a high level of creativity, be hands-on and be pro-active to drive tasks/projects to completion.
Location: Newark, CA
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com