• Manage storage focused trouble tickets end-to-end
• General management of EMC Isilon storage environment
• Act as lead for storage automation projects
• NFS/SMB troubleshooting and resolution. Responsible for resolving storage issues
• Coordinate and manage migrations/cutovers aligning to ITIL and client requirements
• Document and provide best practices on maintenance, configuration, and internal processes
• Overall storage administration experience of 5+ years.
• Strong hands-on experience with EMC Isilon administration
• Strong hands-on experience in storage automation (Perl, Python, REST API)
• Exposure and some experience on other storage technologies e.g. Rubrik, Nimble
• Exposure to build and manage storage systems.
• Experience in data center migrations and consolidations for storage and backup technology
• Experience in installation/upgrade for EMC Isilon clusters
• Basic understanding of network technologies and architecture
• Basic understanding of UNIX and Windows administration
• Basic understanding of backup technologies
• Automation using Shell scripting (shell/PERL/Python)
• Experience in a large, geographically dispersed environment
• Experience in monitoring (h/w and OS) solutions for storage systems
• Experience in solution design / configuration/solutions evaluation/ Validation and deployment
• Exposure to ITIL processes (incident, problem, change) and working in a process environment is a must
• EMC InsightIQ, SyncIQ experience
• Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, DHCP, NAT, IPSEC, ECMP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP)
• Experience using a modern language. Go, Java, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
• Ability to script in a shell language (Bash or POSIX Shell)
• Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Understanding of the role of automation tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Concourse CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and take command of a recovery effort.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with storage technologies, specifically, Nimble, will be a plus.
• Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) is a plus.
• Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.) is a plus.
408-550-2800 x 110