Apply for this Position.Apply Now
Our Client is a rapidly growing company seeking people with a passion for product development and consumer electronics. Well qualified individuals will have a proven track record of success taking at least one product through a complete design cycle.
Firmware Engineers work continuously with world class technologists, industrial designers, marketers, the gaming community, cross functional engineering teams and CM’s to create high end gaming equipment. This position requires familiarity with the full design cycle for high volume products. Strong technical design and analysis capabilities are also required.
• Develop firmware for a variety of embedded products.
• Create and execute development and bring up schedules.
• Create project and technical reports as required.
• Help define product architecture as needed.
• Participate in schematic/layout review process.
• Test and evaluate prototypes from initial engineering samples to mass production.
• Help maintain firmware servers (used for revision control, build system)
• Develop tools for internal use, including scripts and basic hardware interfaces.
Must Have Skillsets:
• Prototyping experience using EVKs, protoboards, etc.
• Strong lab skills, including circuit analysis/debug, PCBA bring up, solder/rework.
• Scripting skills desirable, including Python, Perl.
• Understanding of good test practices, design for test, and test script development.
• Knowledge of audio engineering concepts including characterization, signal processing, real-time requirements, etcâ€¦
• Experience working with and maintaining OSS development tools.
• Strong Unix user skills, admin knowledge a plus but not required.
• Ability to work with cross functional development teams from internal staff, outside contractors and Asia CM’s.
• Ability to demonstrate at least one full FW product development cycle of a high volume, consumer electronic device.
• Work with electrical engineering, marketing, and suppliers to develop FW for Cortex-M processors as part of a small team.
• Assist other engineering fields in evaluating and specifying microcontrollers and other embedded devices into future products.
• Reasonable understanding of ASM programming concepts expected.
• Knowledge of SVN, git, good understanding of revision control best practices.
• Experience with GCC/make based tool-chains for embedded development.
• Good understanding of ARM Cortex-M. Knowledge of other MCUs and embedded platforms.
• Good understanding of RTOS based firmware design.
• Understanding of the gaming, interactive, on-line, console, pc markets.
• BSEE required.
• At least 5 years proven track record of bringing consumer electrical products into production.
• Strong C skills.
Location: San Francisco, CA
(408) 550-2800 x113