Apply for this Position.Apply Now
You are a collaborative, passionate designer and will drive research and concept creation in the rapidly evolving automotive space.
You will work alongside product managers, engineers, and fellow designers to research new technologies.
You will create hardware and software-based proof of concepts to assess new technologies for use in future Vehicle products.
You will be responsible for conducting research, developing concepts, and creating assets for use in prototype applications.
• Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers to define the next generation connected car user experience.
• Conceive cutting-edge designs, from concept to execution, across multiple platforms and formats.
• Create wireframes, visual assets, mockups, working prototypes, and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience.
• Seek input, requirements, and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present these back to the team and organization.
• Think strategically to define and champion solutions that improve products and process across the team and company.
• Build close relationships with program managers, engineers, business partners, and senior management to maintain strong project and team alignment.
• Evangelize design thinking within the vehicle research team.
Must Have Skillsets
• 5+ years experience in UX or Interaction Design
• Degree in HCI/HMI, Design, or related experience preferred
• Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and practices
• Demonstrated success in creating innovative design solutions
• Must be able to communicate design ideas to the internal development and product teams, as well as senior stakeholders
• Excellent communication and organization skills
Location: Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA
Type: Fulltime or Contract