Engineering Program Manager for global consumer device company in Austin, TX
In this Software Project Lead role, a successful candidate will be working with engineers that write internal tools and applications for current and future embedded product lines, to define and manage manufacturing tests that stress a device over a few hours. Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong understanding of software fundamentals, background working with systems, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with cross-functional teams to develop groundbreaking products.
Additionally, a candidate will work with clients engineering team to define, schedule, track, and communicate the status of software features and deliverables to other groups and executive management.
Responsibilities will span all aspects of product bring-up and test:
• Developing and debugging applications, protocols, frameworks, and command line utilities for internal use
• Bringing up new SoCs, chipsets, sensors, and products
• Will work on Triage, Debug, development of scripts for generating plots & other tasks
• Interacting with Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and various other cross-functional teams throughout enabling test strategies for new components in upcoming products
• Supporting new product development builds locally and remotely
• Travel to prototype hardware manufacturing builds in the Bay Area 4 to 5 weeks a year
• Embedded HW/SW experience: 1-5 years
• Program Management experience: 1-5 years
• Strong communication skills is a must
• Ability to drive issues, track tasks, and evaluate priorities on a daily basis
• Experience with HW bring up is a plus
• Experience with developing tools is a plus
• This person will not be actively coding, but might write up scripts to look through data, form, and create analysis.
• Manufacturing experience and prior exposure to working with Contract Manufacturers is highly desired
• Mac OS and/or iOS experience is a plus
• Linux command line / scripting experience is a plus
• BS Electrical / Computer Engineering or relevant work experience (MS is a plus)
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid; Tues-Thurs onsite)
Duration: 12+ months
Submit resumes to jobs@OSIengineering.com