Program Manager - Aerospace Innovation Division in Southern/Central California
We’re in need of a Program Manager that will join one of the world’s leading eVTOL projects in the industry, to manage the entirety of the project within all divisions. While working in an R&D environment, you will manage the entire project timeline and schedule, working with all Division Directors and Lead Engineers on their contribution to the project. Manage each divisions timeline, resource management and schedule to ensure the project stays on track.
Candidate with prior Aerospace industry knowledge (eVTOL and/ or VTOL experience is not required) who have worked on large-scale project(s) overseeing the projects timeline and managing all key benchmarks are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a global automotive company, entering the eVTOL industry with the number one priority in mind: Safety. You will work directly with the project leaders, sharing this progress with necessary teams and stakeholders and have the opportunity to establish and implement new processes and systems.
Candidates must work onsite.
· Create and manage the development schedule for eVTOL project with the project leaders, communicating and sharing progress and updates will all necessary stakeholders.
· Summarize schedules and progress of the project. Share results with the necessary teams.
· Share project targets/goals with project team members, identify individual project milestones and tasks with the members.
· Suggest resource plans, monitor progress, and adjust as needed.
· Collaborate with all departments, engineers, and division heads to collect key information, project challenges, adjustments, and updates.
· Find issue or obstacles and propose solutions through communication with the team and implement the necessary programs.
· Responsible for collection of pertinent information to track the progress of the project.
· Effectively communicate and inform the project schedule, progression, and milestones to various teams, including project leaders and stakeholders.
· Responsible for resource management.
· Establish and implement new processes and systems to assist in the organization and schedule of the project and its progression.
· Plan project budget, manage, forecast, and report to the company’s management team.
· Propose workflow of the joint program with having good communication with the PIC in Honda R&D and relevant team members
· Issue the revision of the schedule and report to the leader if there were any changes.
· Staying up to date on all software changes and updates with Teamwork and any other project management software
· Experience working on large-scale projects (ideal industry experience would be Aerospace but other industries with equivalent experience/ projects will also be considered).
· Comfortable working on simultaneous timelines to manage different divisions progress, benchmarks, etc.
· Experience working in an R&D environment.
· Extensive experience in schedule and resource management.
· 5+ years of project management experience, overseeing the project(s) from start to finish.
· Experience in managing multiple simultaneous project timelines.
· Experience summarizing, adjusting, and managing project timelines and progression.
· Experience working with high volumes of multiple fast-growing and developmentally complex projects.
· Proficiency with any project management software tool both for updating and completing tasks as well as managing full projects on a large scale (and to implement for the company).
· Fluency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Project Management Software(s).
· Experienced working in engineering development.
· Experience to use Project management tool. iQUAVIS (ISID).
· Bilingual in English and Japanese.
· Experience working with DOORS.
· Experience working with Atlassian tools (JIRA and Confluence).
· Exposure to Japanese business flow or Bilingual English/ Japanese.
Location: Southern/ Central California (Position is onsite. Relocation assistance available to candidates outside of the immediate area.)